This school was opened to the pupils on April 9th 1877 and before that they used a tin shed positioned where the Bully Inn is now. The first recorded attendance at the tin school was in 1866, with the Headmaster being Mr. Alexander Lamont who left in August 1876 when Mr. Hugh Jack took over until 1889. Mr. William Marshall was head until 1920.
A Few Important Dates in The School History;
1866 Start of Log Book. Still in Tin Shed.
1877 Moved to new school across the road.
1929 Central Heating installed.
1934 Electric Lighting installed.
1935 Start of Pupils moving to Eddlewood
1943 Meals and Milk being served in school
1951 Telephone installed
1953 Flush Toilets installed.
At the start of 2012 the school, having been empty since last June, was taken down piece by piece and a new school will be built on the same land.
Short History of School